Community Connections is very proud to be offering the Mandt System training on September 27-28 in Cranbrook! Click here for Mandt Training info! This training is presented by our very own certified Mandt Instructor, James Croston (Senior Home Share Coordinator).
Contracted Home Share Providers have the opportunity to obtain their certification over the one-and-a-half day workshop in Relational skills.
If you are a CCSS Home Share Provider and interested in this training, contact James (250-420-1066) by FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14th, to reserve a spot.
James is looking forward to meeting all participants!
Not sure what this is all about? No problem! Leave us a comment, or check out The Mandt System’s great website here.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Family Forum – RSVP by this Thursday, Apr. 26!
April 2018’s Family Forum is on all about Employment – check it out! Don’t forget to RSVP to Linda by 4:30 pm on Thursday, April 26th, if you’re planning to go!
Come out on July 13th to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday with all of us at CCSS!
With this being Canada’s 150th Birthday, we are hosting a fun afternoon of socializing, BBQ, and games on Thursday, July 13th, from 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM at the Mission Greenway Pavilion on Springfield Rd in Kelowna.
All are welcome! This event is open to anyone who receives support through Community Living BC.
We are finalizing the details, and will send around an invitation soon – but for now, please pass the news along! We would love to have you join us to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday.
Join in the fun July 17th at the Birchbank Station Picnic Ground near Trail as CCSS celebrates WE DAY – Burger, Hotdogs, coffee, tea, punch provided. Feel free to bring a dish to share – salad? chips? dessert? etc?
Live music provided – feel free to bring an instrument, your voice, your dancing shoes, etc.
Do you have a hobby you would like to share? Feel free to bring your – artwork? photography? homemade crafts? etc?
Most important of all, bring yourselves, your support worker, Home Share Provider, your friends and family…everyone welcome.
Looking forward to seeing many of you!
WE DAY poster-1
Check out the attached poster and information (below) for the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) workshop taking place in Penticton next week, courtesy of PLAN Okanagan.
Information for upcoming RDSP workshop in Penticton on June 15th at 7 p.m. at CLBC office 444 Ellis Street, Penticton.
RDSP Poster_PLAN Okanaga_June2016_3
As the sun comes out and the temperatures climb, remember to be Sun Safe!
- Cover up. Wear light-coloured, long-sleeved shirts, pants, and a wide-brimmed hat made from breathable fabric. When you buy sunglasses, make sure they provide protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Limit your time in the sun. Keep out of the sun and heat between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. When your shadow is shorter than you, the sun is very strong. Look for places with lots of shade, like a park with big trees, partial roofs, awnings, umbrellas or gazebo tents. Always take an umbrella to the beach.
- Use the UV Index forecast. Tune into local radio and TV stations or check online for the UV index forecast in your area. When the UV index is 3 or higher, wear protective clothing, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Use sunscreen. Put sunscreen on when the UV index is 3 or more.
- Drink plenty of cool liquids (especially water) before you feel thirsty. If sunny days are also hot and humid, stay cool and hydrated to avoid heat illness. Dehydration (not having enough fluids in your body) is dangerous, and thirst is not a good indicator of dehydration.
- Avoid using tanning beds. If you do use them, understand the risks and learn how to protect yourself.
For more information on staying safe in the summer months, check out sun safety basics here, view a video on sun safety here, and read about first aid for sunburn and sun illness here.
We’re retreating again…! Wahoo..! Vern and his crew have it all lined up again for September 22- 24, 2015 at beautiful Gardom Lake. For more info, check out the flyer here:
Gardom Lake Retreat 2015
and the registration form here:
Gardom Lake Registration 2015
Are you going?