Here is a great bit of info about a new resource available in Kelowna! Thanks, COPCS, for sending this around.
Connections group therapeutic rec resource
Connections are group activities offered multiple times each week for neurodiverse adults. The intent of Connections is to offer a wide assortment of fun, free, safe and age-appropriate educational events and activities that incorporate life-skill development, positive socialization, social interaction, special interest education, and therapeutic recreation.
Attending Connections, people can expect:
- to get connected to like-minded, friendly, and pro-social peers in the community,
- be part of a fun, safe, and inclusive space,
- access activities otherwise unobtainable as a result of financial barriers,
- to have education on important special interest topics,
- to be involve in direct and indirect life-skill development.
Activities include, but not are not limited to: art projects, coffee socials, hikes, hockey games, group cooking, and educational workshops on topics that interest the group
Please see link below for further information and registration: