Now that the weather is getting warmer, when you are outside remember to practice Sun Safety!
There are lots of great benefits to getting a daily dose of sunshine – warmth, light, vitamin D3, and improved mood – but too much UV exposure can have dangerous effects.Before going out to enjoy the good weather, make sure you are aware of the risks and protect yourself. This Government of Canada website has information on:
- extreme heat
- First Aid for sunburn and heat illness
- health effects of UV radiation
- skin cancer
- sun safety basics and tips
- tanning products, beds and lamps
When you head outside, remember to:
- Cover up
- Limit your time in the sun, especially when it is strongest (11 am – 4 pm)
- Use sunscreen
- Keep hydrated
You can read more info by clicking here.